Hit the Slopes with More Stuff in More Comfort and Safety
“Skis, boots, poles?” This is what we always ask ourselves when we’re pulling out of the driveway on a ski trip. Because if we leave anything behind, we absolutely, positively must have our skis, boots, and poles.
But what about the other gear – the jackets, pants, hats, gloves, and helmets? What about the extra clothing, bedding, food, games, toys-for-all-ages, and – dare I say it – hair care products?
And that doesn’t count the kids – with all their extra stuff. Where will you put everyone and everything in a safe and comfortable manner? Unless you want to be packed in like little sardines for the whole trip, the other “must-have” is a StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier.
Here’s the beauty of the StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier: It attaches to the back of your vehicle instead of the top, giving you easy access to your things. And the SwingAway frame pivots up to 180 degrees from the rear of your vehicle, so you can open your liftgate, door, hatch or tailgate, allowing full access to all your other needful things.
Here are my Top 5 Other Favorite Things about the StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier:
- Easy Installation: I can install a StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier in a matter of seconds. I simply insert the carrier into my trailer hitch and lock it into place. Voila! Work done.
- Carrying Capacity: With two sizes (either 12.5 or 16 cubic feet of functional storage space) a StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier nearly doubles the average SUV’s functional carrying capacity. And that means I have the capacity to add another 200 pounds of gear to my adventure.
- Security: The StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier locks to keep my valuables secure when I’ve made a pit stop on the road, or I want to keep my things in storage overnight.
- Durability: I know my StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier is going to last because StowAway boxes are molded with a super durable polymer, the same material used to mold high-performance whitewater kayaks. They have twice the wall thickness of some competitive boxes and are designed to take a beating without cracking. To test this theory, StowAway backed a delivery van over the lid of a box. The results: not a single crack.
- Versatility: All of the StowAway rack systems—bike racks, rod racks and cargo racks—are fully interchangeable with the StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier. That means we can easily take our bikes up to the trailhead on one day, load up the carrier with soccer balls the next day, head to the lake with our fishing rods on the weekend, and host a tailgate party on game day. No sweat.
For more details, including information about rear taillights, side reflectors, and the 10-year warranty, as well as photos and product specifications, visit StowAway2 Cargo Carriers, the Rooftop Alternative.