There are certain things in life that we don’t mind if they make a little wobble here and there. One-year-olds come to mind. A voice wobbling with emotion, for example. An egg on the counter. A Weeble, which will “wobble but it won’t fall down.” (And if that phrase isn’t familiar to you, it’s probably because you weren’t playing with toys in the 1970s. But I digress.) A wiggle in your caboose, a wobble in your walk, a jiggle in your girdle … it’s not all bad.
But a wobble in the hitch on your towing vehicle is not a good thing. Through prolonged use, it is common to have wobble with anything mounted to your hitch, including the StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier. (The Hitch Cargo Carrier, if you didn’t know, attaches to the back of your car for easy access, carries up to 16 cubic feet of storage, and pivots 180 degrees to give you easy access to the back of your vehicle. But I digress again.)
By using a simple mechanism, the StowAway Hitch Tightener, you can eliminate hitch wobble, and drive more safely, more quietly, and in greater comfort.
Simply clamp the hitch tightener at the junction of your StowAway frame and receiver hitch to secure the frame and virtually eliminate side-to-side wobble. Watch a helpful installation video on the StowAway YouTube channel.
The StowAway Hitch Tightener kit comes with:
- Stainless steel U-bolt ring
- Powder coated steel tightener plate
- 2 Washers
- 2 Lock ring
- 2 Nuts
All you need to install the hitch tightener is a 3/4” wrench or socket. The combined action of the steel tightener plate and the U-bolt ring eliminates the side-to-side wobble that is pervasive in hitch cargo carriers.
The StowAway Hitch Tightener is compatible with 2” and 1.25” hitches, fits all Stowaway frames and will work with most hitch racks. It also comes standard with many StowAway carrier models.
But don’t take my word for it. Here is a sampling of the many 5-star reviews the StowAway Hitch Tightener has received:
- “Wish I found this product sooner, immediately stopped the loud rattle noises and shaking [of] the vehicle.” – Louis A.
- “Fantastic! Bought this to keep my receiver mounted recovery winch from moving around in the receiver so much. Holds it nice and tight!” Richy R.
- “Worked perfectly! Installed in 5 minutes. Wobble gone!” – David P.
- “Best by far. Pulled new trailer with 5,000# tractor 500 miles to the largest classic Tractor Parade and this tightener worked perfect. I use it on all my hitches. Good price, very well made, works perfect. – W.M.
- Fantastic!! I use this with both my cargo trailer and my hitch cargo carrier. Fast shipping and is an excellent product. Bob W.
Celebrate your shake, wiggles and jiggles, but with the StowAway Hitch Tightener, you’ve got one less wobble to worry about.