People use our StowAway carriers for all kinds of reasons. In fact, our customers continually find new ways to use our cargo carriers that we would never think of, and many of those customers share those experiences with us. A lot of people ride bikes and although we offer a bike rack that attaches to our hitch mounted SwingAway Frame, folding bikes don’t fit well on a bike rack. As it turns out, our StowAway Max Cargo Carrier makes a great companion for anyone who owns and hauls a folding bike. (more…)
The Ford Transit Connect is a great vehicle for business owners in need of a reliable and economical delivery vehicle. It offers ample room and is easily accessible from the side or from the back. But what happens if you need more cargo room than the Transit Connect allows? Or, what if you are transporting items that you don’t want inside the vehicle because of smells or contamination? (more…)
Hit the Slopes with More Stuff in More Comfort and Safety
“Skis, boots, poles?” This is what we always ask ourselves when we’re pulling out of the driveway on a ski trip. Because if we leave anything behind, we absolutely, positively must have our skis, boots, and poles.
But what about the other gear – the jackets, pants, hats, gloves, and helmets? What about the extra clothing, bedding, food, games, toys-for-all-ages, and – dare I say it – hair care products?
And that doesn’t count the kids – with all their extra stuff. Where will you put everyone and everything in a safe and comfortable manner? Unless you want to be packed in like little sardines for the whole trip, the other “must-have” is a StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier.
Here’s the beauty of the StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier: It attaches to the back of your vehicle instead of the top, giving you easy access to your things. And the SwingAway frame pivots up to 180 degrees from the rear of your vehicle, so you can open your liftgate, door, hatch or tailgate, allowing full access to all your other needful things.
Here are my Top 5 Other Favorite Things about the StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier:
- Easy Installation: I can install a StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier in a matter of seconds. I simply insert the carrier into my trailer hitch and lock it into place. Voila! Work done.
- Carrying Capacity: With two sizes (either 12.5 or 16 cubic feet of functional storage space) a StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier nearly doubles the average SUV’s functional carrying capacity. And that means I have the capacity to add another 200 pounds of gear to my adventure.
- Security: The StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier locks to keep my valuables secure when I’ve made a pit stop on the road, or I want to keep my things in storage overnight.
- Durability: I know my StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier is going to last because StowAway boxes are molded with a super durable polymer, the same material used to mold high-performance whitewater kayaks. They have twice the wall thickness of some competitive boxes and are designed to take a beating without cracking. To test this theory, StowAway backed a delivery van over the lid of a box. The results: not a single crack.
- Versatility: All of the StowAway rack systems—bike racks, rod racks and cargo racks—are fully interchangeable with the StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier. That means we can easily take our bikes up to the trailhead on one day, load up the carrier with soccer balls the next day, head to the lake with our fishing rods on the weekend, and host a tailgate party on game day. No sweat.
For more details, including information about rear taillights, side reflectors, and the 10-year warranty, as well as photos and product specifications, visit StowAway2.com, the Rooftop Alternative.
Football season is upon us, which means millions of Americans will be packing up the grill and heading to the stadium for some pre-kickoff food and shenanigans. Modern tailgating has evolved from casual get-togethers in the team parking lot to full-blown parties complete with food, seating and games.
As sports fans prepare for this season’s round of tailgating action, the following infographic takes a look at some of the latest research on how tailgaters party in style, which goes hand-in-hand with the use of our Tailgating Grill Stations.
The MAX hitch mounted Cargo Carrier by StowAway is the perfect solution when you need more room in your vehicle. The MAX cargo carrier is the largest box produced by StowAway and holds up to 200lbs and 16 cubit feet of cargo. This carrier allows you to mount a large box onto your vehicle’s rear hitch receiver. The cargo carrier can be mounted on a regular fixed frame or the patented swingaway frame that provides access to your vehicle’s rear doors. The frames themselves are made our of professionally welded, heavy-duty steel tubing and protected by a thick powder coat. The box is constructed out of a highly durable polymer, the same material used in some high performance whitewater kayaks. The MAX model comes standard with full functioning tail lights and other accessories, like the StowAway hitch tightener that reduces hitch wobble.
If you are considering a roof mounted base rack, keep in mind you will have to load your cargo overhead, whereas a hitch mounted carrier can be loaded at ground level. Also consider the cost of additional accessories that roof racks require for different types of cargo. A hitch mounted rack is much simpler and quicker install than a rooftop rack. With the MAX cargo carrier, you won’t have to mess around with crossbars, fit hooks, stays, pads, end caps, or locks (you’ll have at least four locks for just the crossbars). Remember that most roof racks are custom fit to each model of vehicle. With the StowAway MAX, you will be able to switch to nearly any vehicle with a 2″ hitch receiver.
You can learn more about and purchase the MAX hitch mounted cargo carrier at StowAway2.com