We are all eager for the weekend to begin as the Fourth of July approaches. With so many locales hosting celebrations for the Fourth, many of us will be traveling this Independence Day weekend.
Stowaway2.com wants to give you some tips about preparing you vehicle before you hit the road this weekend with your hitch mounted cargo carrier.
- Check the tires. Make sure tires are properly inflated as specified by the vehicle owner’s manual. This will give you better gas mileage as well as reducing the chances of a blowout. Check the tread levels on you tires. Inspect all four tires for deterioration beyond the wear bar. Or place a penny on the tread, it should cover Lincoln’s head.
- Check the spare tire. The spare should be fully inflated. Also check that you have a car jack and tire iron/wrench in your vehicle too.
- Check the coolant. Many cars over heat during the summer because of improper coolant system maintenance. Change out coolant with 50/50 mix of antifreeze and water if needed.
- Check the air filter. A dirty air filter can rob fuel efficiency. It should be replaced every 10-15k miles and takes less than 5 minutes.
- Bring a map. It’s always helpful to have a current atlas, especially when you’re traveling to an unfamiliar area.
As you prepare your car, a StowAway cargo carrier will provide the extra space you need for your Independence Day plans. If you don’t have one already, this is a great product that will make your storage for traveling much easier.
Also keep in mind there will be many other travelers on the road this weekend. These guidelines will help you be prepared for any potential problems. Be safe and enjoy your trip!