Fall is here and winter is just a few weeks away. Many mountain slopes all over the country have already received their first blanket of fresh white powder; with much more still to follow. All that snow means that skiers and snowboarders aren’t far behind. In fact, in some places, they’re already out in full force and before you know it the slopes will be covered with snow-lovers. That means big business for the ski resorts for the next several months. (more…)
Hit the Slopes with More Stuff in More Comfort and Safety
“Skis, boots, poles?” This is what we always ask ourselves when we’re pulling out of the driveway on a ski trip. Because if we leave anything behind, we absolutely, positively must have our skis, boots, and poles.
But what about the other gear – the jackets, pants, hats, gloves, and helmets? What about the extra clothing, bedding, food, games, toys-for-all-ages, and – dare I say it – hair care products?
And that doesn’t count the kids – with all their extra stuff. Where will you put everyone and everything in a safe and comfortable manner? Unless you want to be packed in like little sardines for the whole trip, the other “must-have” is a StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier.
Here’s the beauty of the StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier: It attaches to the back of your vehicle instead of the top, giving you easy access to your things. And the SwingAway frame pivots up to 180 degrees from the rear of your vehicle, so you can open your liftgate, door, hatch or tailgate, allowing full access to all your other needful things.
Here are my Top 5 Other Favorite Things about the StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier:
- Easy Installation: I can install a StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier in a matter of seconds. I simply insert the carrier into my trailer hitch and lock it into place. Voila! Work done.
- Carrying Capacity: With two sizes (either 12.5 or 16 cubic feet of functional storage space) a StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier nearly doubles the average SUV’s functional carrying capacity. And that means I have the capacity to add another 200 pounds of gear to my adventure.
- Security: The StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier locks to keep my valuables secure when I’ve made a pit stop on the road, or I want to keep my things in storage overnight.
- Durability: I know my StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier is going to last because StowAway boxes are molded with a super durable polymer, the same material used to mold high-performance whitewater kayaks. They have twice the wall thickness of some competitive boxes and are designed to take a beating without cracking. To test this theory, StowAway backed a delivery van over the lid of a box. The results: not a single crack.
- Versatility: All of the StowAway rack systems—bike racks, rod racks and cargo racks—are fully interchangeable with the StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier. That means we can easily take our bikes up to the trailhead on one day, load up the carrier with soccer balls the next day, head to the lake with our fishing rods on the weekend, and host a tailgate party on game day. No sweat.
For more details, including information about rear taillights, side reflectors, and the 10-year warranty, as well as photos and product specifications, visit StowAway2 Cargo Carriers, the Rooftop Alternative.
Well that big dumping of winter snow you’ve been chomping at the bit for has finally arrived. About time!
So what have you got planned? A trip up the mountain for some skiing or snowboarding? Maybe some back country cross country skiing or snowshoeing? Tubing or sledding on the bunny slope is a blast. Well whatever your winter sport is, it probably requires a lot of specialized gear and clothing – boots, parkas, snowshoes, poles, coolers, food, car chains, blankets, emergency safety gear… wow, that’s a lot of stuff! Depending how many folks are making the trip, things can get pretty snug inside your vehicle. Yeah, it’s cold out, but not a-couple-of-hours-crammed-together-in-a-packed-SUV cold!
A great alternative to vehicle stuffing is a StowAway Hitch Cargo Carrier. Sliding quickly and securely into your vehicle’s receiver hitch, the Stowaway has up to 16 cubic feet of storage space and can haul loads of up to 200 lbs. of winter sports gear. That’s a lot of goggles and gloves! With its convenient ground-level access, you can easily get to your food and gear, or those chains should you suddenly need to strap ’em on. Plus, it makes a great companion to your roof-top ski or snowboard carrier, if that’s your bag. With its unique latching and locking mechanism you can pop into the lodge for an après-ski hot chocolate without worrying about the security of your gear.
But don’t forget about the ride home. After a day of playing in the white stuff, things can get pretty wet. And the last place you want all that wet gear and clothing is inside your vehicle. The StowAway is a great place to carry your wet boots, jackets, bibs, hats and other damp gear. Not only will the ride home be warm and toasty, but you won’t have to endure that eau de wet dog that can accompany a moist day on the mountain. And, a well placed drain plug makes your after-adventure cleanup the easiest run of the day.
So whether you’re a skiier or snowboarder, a snowshoer or sledder, or just out for a family snowball fight, have fun and enjoy those winter sports while you can. The snow won’t last forever, dang it.