I tried out this recipe last weekend on my Tailgate Grill Station (though I took off the Cuisinart Grill and put it on the back patio, lickety split) for more of a “homegating” experience.
Anyway, the recipe was fantastic. Tangy, sweet and flavorful. I can highly recommend it for your next tailgate party.
The recipe comes from former NFL tight-end, Reggie Kelly, who certainly knows his way around a football field, and also has a terrific line of barbecue and other sauces that you can buy on the world wide web from KYVAN™ Foods.
With this recipe, I sprung for the jumbo-jumbo shrimp, because they have the best flavor, and grilled for 4-5 minutes on each side. Yum City!
KYVAN™ Sesame Shrimp
- 2 lbs. jumbo shrimp
- 1 cup KYVAN Sesame Garlic BBQ Sauce
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
Season shrimp with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Refrigerate up to one hour. Cook shrimp on grill set to medium heat, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from grill and in a large bowl combine with Sesame Sauce and toss thoroughly. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve. Enjoy with fresh vegetable and rice.
Recipe and photo courtesy of KYVAN™ Foods.
If you’re looking for a great grill to take to the tailgate party, check out the Tailgate Grill Station from StowAway, with a Cuisinart Grill and SwingAway Frame.
- SwingAway Frame: Pivots 90°/180° and locks to create a safe and convenient grill station
- More Space: The grill stays outside your vehicle to create more space inside – and keep gas and grill odors outside
- Extras Included: Cuisinart Grill, commercial-grade cutting board, patented Swingaway frame, rack for your cooler/tailgate gear, and hitch tightener
- Hitch Grill or Tabletop: Grill converts to a tabletop for homegating, camping, fishing and hunting
- Best Warranty: 10-year warranty on the Swingaway Frame & Rack; 3-year warranty on the Cuisinart Grill